Thanks for checking out the info page! The information below is for the 2018 Oak Mountain Color Run. Most of the information will apply for the 2019 Oak Mountain Color Run on March 16, 2019. Registration will open this December for the 2019 Oak Mountain Color Run, bigger and better than ever! You can direct any and all questions to John Milton at email@example.com.
*CHECK THE WEATHER AND DRESS ACCORDINGLY. THE RACE WILL GO ON EVEN IN THE EVENT OF RAIN. CHECK BACK TO THE WEBSITE FOR ANY UPDATES*
Cost is $25 per person and $20 per person when signing up in a group of 5-10. ($15 for kids 4-12). Walk-ups are welcome, but we will only accept cash or check made out to Oak Mountain High School. Walk-ups may only register as individuals, not as groups. When you sign up online, you will receive race updates and more information. If you have any questions, please contact John Milton at firstname.lastname@example.org
Need to know:
- Park entrance fee:
- $5 per Adult (age 12+)
- $2 per Child (age 4 to 11)
- $2 per Senior (age 62+)
- Free for ages 3 & under
- There will be signs directing you to registration the morning of the event. Signs will be set up from both entrance to the park.
- 8:00-8:45 am Registration
- 8:50 am Opening Ceremonies
- 9:00 am Oak Mountain Color Run Begins! (5K only)
- 10:00 am Fun Run begins!
- There will be booths and refreshments on site
- We will have coffee and donuts for you early birds. When its' gone, it's gone!
- We will accept donations for the UAB Comprehensive Cancer Center on site.
- City Bowls 2 will be on site with some delicious and healthy food. 20% of proceeds go to the UAB Comprehensive Cancer Center!
- FREE Zumba will begin at 7:45am through 8:45am. Show up and warm up!
What to wear:
- You will be getting paint on you during the run (non-toxic, washable). If you pre-register you will have the option to purchase additional items including an official OMCR T-shirt or Tank. If you do not pre-register, you may bring your own white shirt to wear so the colors show up. There will be a limited number of official Oak Mountain Color Run shirts on site, and when they're gone, they're gone!
From the front entrance, you will take your first right off of Finlay onto Terrace Dr. then you will see the Dogwood pavilion in the South Trailhead.
From the back of the park, you will continue on Finlay drive until you see the golf course, then take your immediate left onto Terrace Dr. Continue on Terrace until you arrive at the Dogwood pavilion in the South Trailhead.
***The fun run will be the first half mile of the course and back with plenty of paint stations in between.